Thursday 24 October 2013

Daily Juice

3 Day Juice Detox
 
Juice for lunch containing 2 cm of beetroot + lots of other goodies.
 
 
 

The last month I have been extremely healthy. I have been juicing big time! The onset was a tough round of antibiotics and feeling pretty low. So when my brother told me about this 3 day juice detox he was going to do, I immediately jumped in with an “easy...I can do that too”!
So I downloaded the app, Juice Master 3 Day Detox, which I must admit is very well set up, holds just the right amount of information, shopping lists and good instructions (this is my own opinion, don’t get any financial benefit from writing positive here). With this I went to market (if you read my previous post you would have seen all the good stuff I got for juicing) and dusted off my juicer.

The guy who set up the app, Jason Vale, gives a pep-talk each day to help you succeed. What Jamie Oliver is for healthy eating, he is for juicing. This is what he said in the video (his coaching, my words): The first day you will feel crap – me: I felt crap (but I am being proactive about my health, yeah!), the second day you will start to feel better, more energetic –  me: big headache, I still felt crap (but I am definitely continuing). The third day you will feel fantastic – me: more headache, I still feel crap (what the!!).
Ok, so I didn’t feel the fantastic energy levels I had expected, I still had headaches. I had done everything right– so it must just take longer for me to detox?! I felt a bit hungry the first day and only a little on the second. The coaching tells you that you can eat an avocado to deal with hunger and I did – but I ate nothing else. The great thing is, you blend avocado into your juice and that way you get this fantastic filling creamy smoothie. The recipes are great; the drinks are delicious and filling. So when I did not feel any better on the third day, I decided to continue until I would. I stayed on juice only for 4.5 days and started to feel good. I did lose some weight, but that was just a bonus, not my main objective. I kept juicing morning and lunch for another week and now 4 weeks down the track I juice as often as I can as a supplement to normal diet. And I have noticed changes, first of all my skin has become soft and shiny, like no moisturiser has ever done (I have known all the time that they actually lie, this shows me that soft skin comes from within, not in a bottle) my mood has definitely lifted and I feel more energetic, happier! It feels good to do something for my health and I am so lucky to have a market, an organic shop and a local farmer, where I can get great fresh stuff, fairly cheap. I experienced some hunger the first 1.5 day and it was a bit challenging to cook dinner for the family and say no to cake at a work function. But as the days passed it did not bother me at all and I got addicted to the juice, even chose it over coffee and tea!
The only down side to juicing: my family can’t stand the noise and the washing up of the juicer and blender is tedious … and holes all over the garden, where I dig in the juicing pulp to feed the worms – there must be a better way. So all positive thumbs up for juicing for health!
xo Sarah

 
 
 
3 Day Juice Detox
 
Apple/Ginger and Blueberry Smoothie
 
 
Juicing Equipment
 
Fruit and Veg from market, and my not very expensive juicer. You also need a blender to blend the juice with ice and avocado to make it deliciously creamy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...