Wednesday 16 October 2013

Off to Market We Go


Fresh Vegetables at Redcliffe Market


I love going to a good fresh food market. The markets here in Australia are superb! When we lived in Melbourne, we were spoilt for luxurious fresh food markets. I had a studio in Prahran and my favourite was the Prahran Market was just across the road. A gourmet’s paradise! But the market here in Redcliffe is not bad at all. In fact it is pretty good and within the last year it has improved significantly… renovation of the forefront by the council, relocation of the market up the street instead of being hidden, a lot more interesting stalls, and best of all; the street has finally been closed off for traffic – it took the council a while to figure that one out!! Now we just need some more music and street performers and it will be tops! I love buying direct from the growers that are there, it's fresh it's local and it is not the supermarket. I fill my old nannas trolley with fruit, veg, salami, fish, eggs, cheese until the wheels are struggling – and then a coffee break looking out over Moreton Bay towards Moreton Island, it is great!! Come to market by the sea next Sunday morning….
 
Pedestrian Friendly Street Market
No traffic anymore, it is spacious and peaceful - it is great!

The new look of renovated Redcliffe, streets and wind sculpture


Redcliffe marked and Redcliffe Pier
Entry to Redcliffe Pier

Coffee Break at Redcliffe Pier
Coffee Break


Fresh Produce from Redcliffe Market


And finally, but not least, my glorious stash! These babies’ will supply lots of vitamins to me and my family during the next week... see you next Sunday!
 
xo Sarah
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...