Tuesday 20 August 2013

Roller Skating Fun






Do you like my roller skating dog?



 
 
My son Johannes had a roller skating party to go to the other day. He had never been skating before, but I have. As a child in Denmark, we used to skate on the lakes and on Vejle fjord when it froze over in winter. We spent hours and hours racing around playing tag; or us girls would pretend to be ice skating princesses and sometimes we even brought out a cassette player, so we could swirl around to music. We would continue the fun until our feet and cheeks were almost frozen!
So when my son was struggling to get up and stay up on his skates, I thought I might go in the skating ring with him and give him a hand. After some wobbling it all started to come back to me and soon I had no time to help him, but was flying around the ring myself enjoying the wind in my hair! I had such a great time at this birthday party for 8 year olds! 1.5 hour workout on skates. Eventually Johannes got the hang of it and by the end of the two hours he wanted to buy his own skates! Great! We have found a new hobby together and will definitely be going again soon.
xo Sarah
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...