Tuesday 4 February 2014

Snapshots from an Australian Summer Holiday Extraordinaire

Woodford Music Festival



We have had a summer holiday extraordinaire. The kids had two months of school and I only worked a few days here and there. Before the holidays started I must admit I thought OMG two months – how on earth am I going to entertain them?! So I started making all these plans in my head, but as it turned out things just happened, as they do with children, and there was no need for any of my planning. The days went so quickly, but now when I look back at the photos I can see that we did so many things and had some fantastic time together as a family. Time has flown, the holidays are long over, but what a fun time we had!

It was a holiday with great variation from family camping, lazy days at home, day trips, to a 4 day sailing adventure for only my husband and I. Up to Christmas we worked a lot in our little workshop creating fun things from recycled materials for Christmas decorations and gifts, you might have seen the post about that here. After Christmas we spend a week camping at the coolest music festival, the Woodford Folk Festival (at Woodford not Woodstock). On offer was world music from every corner of the globe, art and craft, children’s festival, interesting talks and yoga stuff. Not the alcoholic kind of festival, but a very family friendly one. Loved it! The pictures above are from the festival. Summer and music festival is such a great combo don’t you think?

Below are some snapshots from the rest of our holiday, the beautiful beach ones at the top are from Byron Bay and the ones at the bottom are from Hamilton Island. What stunning places! I hope you enjoy the pictures.

xo Sarah

 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...