Tuesday 18 February 2014

My Creative School?


Opening a sewing school

Opening a sewing school


Could this be it? Really?! Do I dare go ahead??! This mess of a shop, full of stuff others have left behind – unwanted things from all the other shops around it. Could this possibly become the location for my dream creative school – The Createry?

It is in an arcade on a busy Redcliffe street with cafes and restaurants, but best of all it is along the waterfront. A real seaside location! Ok, it has no view over the sea as it is inside the arcade (Jetty Arcade), but as soon as you walk out.. Wow! It hits you; the most breathtaking view of blue sea and misty Moreton Island in the distance.

This shop is on offer, it needs a lot of TLC, but I believe it really could become The Createry! The arcade has 8 other shops, most have been empty for a long period of time. But they are now filling – with artists, a gallery offering art classes, a vinyl record store, the cutest gift shop and now perhaps The Createry; Could this become the artistic arcade of Redcliffe; destination for all things creative? My school will be where you will be able to learn everything about textiles: sewing, knitting, crochet, modern embroidery, craft etc. - from me and from other knowledgeable textile teachers. Well, we will see, it is still on the drawing board, but I have to decide very soon. Can I do it?

xo Sarah
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...