Thursday 5 December 2013

White and Wholemeal Spelt - Daily Bread #4

Sour Dough Baking
The criss-cross pattern on this sour dough spelt bread looks so authentic "French bakery" - it happened all by itself, not my doing at all.

 
Baking bread is an amazing process, so intense for all of our senses: See the magic happen when you mix a few basic ingredients, smell the goodness when it bakes in your oven, taste the goodness when it is done, feel the texture and heaviness of healthy bread, hear your family's happy comments when they bite into it! Ok, that is a bit sought I know, but I really enjoy baking, it is kind of therapeutic for me. And I have found a way to manage both home baked and a job: by mixing the dough the night before and baking early morning, I can still get kids ready for school, myself off to work etc. So I do not mind being a "Spelt-Mum"; a term used in Denmark for well-to-do mums in a particular part of Copenhagen, that have gone on board the organic and home made in a crusade like way (or so the critics say). Except for the well-to-do, I think that "Spelt-Mum"actually depicts me to some degree. I value homemade and organics highly and will go out of my way to get my hands on these things especially when I see people being passionate about what they produce.
What do you like about baking?
 
 
Sour Dough Baking
 
I had it in a proving basket overnight. I turned it out on the table to prove a bit longer and it started to crack up making the interesting pattern.
 
 
 
Sour Dough Baking

Tasted good too!

xo Sarah
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...